The Official Practice and Training Facility of the Pittsburgh Penguins®
The UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex is the primary practice and training facility for the Pittsburgh Penguins, as well as a comprehensive outpatient facility for UPMC Sports Medicine. This first-of-its-kind facility in the Pittsburgh region is a true partnership between two world-class organizations. The facility is dedicated to treating, training, and inspiring athletes at every level.
This multi-use facility is a destination for athletes of all ages and skill levels seeking sports medicine, performance, and rehabilitation expertise as well as hockey-specific skills and performance training.
- 185,000 square feet of total space
- 54,000 square feet of clinical space
- Sports medicine clinic with 24 private patient rooms
- Physical therapy gym overlooking the Penguins practice rink
- Aquatic therapy
- On-site MRI and x-ray imaging
- Two full-size hockey rinks with approximately 1,500 total seats
- 14 locker rooms
- 1,500 square feet of hockey skills training space with a Rapidshot System, three Rapidhands training stations, and a 60-foot resistance skating lane
- Dedicated sports performance space including a sprinting track and batting cages
- Café and retail space
- Free parking
The Penguins Rinks is the Official Home of Hockey at the UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex. The facility provides the Penguins Hockey School with an opportunity to expand its youth hockey programming, and enhance the skill level of players throughout the region. The holistic training approach includes:
- A world-class staff of hockey professionals specializing in cutting-edge skating techniques and skill development training.
- Access to the newest skills training technology, including a RapidShot system, three Rapid Hands training stations and a synthetic ice resistance skating lane.
- Video review and live streaming of games and practices.
- Performance training and nutrition counseling administered by UPMC’s staff of professionals.
- A full complement of camps, clinics, tournaments and leagues available for all ages and skill levels.