Slippery Rock is conveniently located less than an hour from Pittsburgh, one hour from Erie, ten minutes from the Grove City Premium Outlets and two hours from Cleveland. The university has numerous sporting venues on campus.
Jack Critchfield Park – baseball stadium with 1,800+ seats, 400-foot center field, concession stand and ticket window, press box, media broadcasting compatible, bullpens and batting cages
Mihalik-Thompson Stadium can host multiple sports, including football, lacrosse, soccer, field hockey, and track and field. It has a synthetic turf field and is capable of hosting a crowd of 10,000 people. Features included lighting, scoreboard, message center, two concession stands, indoor press boxes, PA system and media hook-ups.
Six full-size Tennis Courts are available, made of synthetic material. They are capable of hosting 100+ people and are lighted for night contests. Additional grass courts are available for practice.
Softball Field – capable of hosting 300+ people, 200-foot center field, pressbox, concession stand, PA system and full scoreboard
Soccer Fields – four full-sized fenced in fields, one varsity field that can accommodate 300+ people, with wireless media broadcasting and a full-sized scoreboard, a turf field, and Old Thompson Field.
Old Thompson Field – soccer and track
Morrow Fieldhouse is capable of hosting 2,500+ people. Features include:
- Basketball/volleyball court
- Three scoreboards and message center
- Six hoops located on the main floor
- Capable of two volleyball courts at once
- Retractable bleachers located on both sides of the court
- Six score tables available for main court
- Multipurpose grasstex area can host basketball, soccer and tennis
- 5-lane, 200-meter indoor track
- Swimming pool for swimming, water polo and diving; has scoreboard and PA system